Side stream, full stream or basin eductor systems are available via centrifugal solids separators. These provide the most cost effective and practical filtration of cooling tower water.
- Water and solids enter the unit tangentially creating a circular flow.
- Centrifugal action forces particles heavier than water to the perimeter of the separator.
- The swirl of water and solids continues downward towards the collection chamber.
- The cleansed water column rises up the centre vortex of the separator and through the outlet.
- Solids are caught in the collection chamber and are purged periodically either manually or automatically.